Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How I Use Facebook

Okay, okay. From my standing, it seems like Facebook's been getting a lot of crap lately. My elders, at least, get a kick out of bashing it at any opportune moment. They say, "It's too confusing," "It's a hotspot for cyber bullying," or "When will my kids talk to people again?!"

The first two points I understand hands down. For someone who hasn't had the privilege of growing up with computers like my generation has, I'm guessing it can seem pretty darn impossible! Especially since the format changes every other week, Mark!

As for the cyber bullying, well, I wouldn't say it's a hotspot. The site has been pretty good about security measures. Plus, I know most everyone out there would never dream of doing something so cruel and low to another person. Fortunately, I've never gone through something like that yet. But there's still the odd idiot who thinks it's hilarious to post something derogatory where everyone can see it. I'm not denying that.

The only thing I totally disagree with is when my parents act as though computers have taken over my mind. They harp and pine over the good old days, when everything was simple. And I don't even go on it that much! Look, there's such a thing as a life outside of Facebook, which is what everybody who uses it has unless they're stalkers. It's sort of like the private social life, and after an overwhelming week at high school, I think I kind of deserve that down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment